Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Testimony of Miles L Jones

I don't remember how I came across it, but I found a book which was a compilation of many of the testimonies of most of the authorities who had lived since the Restoration. I was excited to see that Grandpa Uncle Miles (as I like to call him) was in the book! So I bought it and when it came, Sienna and I found four or five other ancestors in it. So we'll post their testimonies, too.

Testimonies of the Divinity of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Its Leaders Compiled by Joseph E Cardon & Samuel O. Bennion, 1931. Press of Zion's Printing and Publishing Company; Independence, Jackson County, Mo Elder Miles L. Jones President of the East Central States Mission since its organization January 1, 1929 I am indeed grateful to my Heavenly Father for the testimony I have of the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and this testimony is being strengthened from time to time by a realization of the blessings that have been promised me by the servants of the Lord. I have witnessed the power of God made manifest upon many occasions in bringing comfort to those who were in sorrow; I have seen the sick healed through the administration of the Elders of the Church, and I am a living witness to all the world as one having been raised from my bed of affliction by the power of the Lord, through the administration of those holding the Holy Priesthood. Inspiration from on high has come to me which has directed my labors in the ministry, both at home and abroad. I have been placed in positions where the wisdom of man was of no avail, but through the power of the Holy Ghost, my duty has been made plain and I acknowledge the hand of the Lord in these blessings that have come to me. I know that God lives and that He is our Father and that we are His children. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and the more we serve him and keep His commandments, the greater will be our joy both now and in the life to come, and by this same spirit and power I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet in very deed and is the one whom God has raised up in this day and age of the world to again establish His work upon the earth for the last time, and this work will continue to grow until eventually it covers the entire earth and all mankind will be left without an excuse. I leave this testimony with you in all humbleness and sincerity and I do it in the name of Jesus Christ our Redeemer, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment